Paint a Portrait of "A Quiet Afternoon Nap"
Let Me Demonstrate How to Paint a Heartwarming Portrait of a Boy and Dog Sleeping, Step-by-Step
In this step-by-step video course, you will learn how to paint a portrait of a boy and dog taking a peaceful afternoon nap. Originally based off a photo submitted the Realistic Acrylic Facebook Group as a painting challenge, I will show you:
1. The brushes and paints needed to complete this painting.
2. How to prepare your canvas for sketching.
3. How to sketch easily, and get accurate proportions, without fuss.
4. The best way to being the painting, and set yourself up for success.
5. Shading and comparing values to get a realistic look.
6. Mixing and painting realistic skin tones
7. Detailing and finishing your painting.
If you'd like to follow along, and do this exact painting, I'll show you how, step-by-step. But you can use these same techniques on any painting you do.
With this course, you also can get help, fast when you need it.
If you feel stuck, just request an interactive video critique, and I will be glad to help you, showing you specifically how to correct any mistakes to get back on track!
You can request up to four critiques for the first 30 days after purchasing the course.
I look forward to teaching you!
All the best,
Since 1993, Matt has been painting portraits in acrylic, both on commission and for exhibition at art shows. In the last few years, he has been teaching students locally and worldwide how to use their God-given gifts and create beautiful paintings they can be proud to show. Currently, he lives in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin with his wife and three children. When he's not painting or teaching, he enjoys spending time with God, his family, and enjoying nature.